Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

link.html line break problem...HELP!

Quote Reply
link.html line break problem...HELP!
Okay...here's what I'm trying to do.

I've got a field for ISBN number in my database and I want that to be the value that is built on my pages.

in category.html, I have:

<!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/amazon/amazon.cgi?input_mode=item&input_item=<%links%>&input_templates=3" -->

in link.html, i have

<%ISBN%>,

What I want on my page is a link like this:

<!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/amazon/amazon.cgi?input_mode=item&input_item=1576751457,1574712934,0310205956,0070464081,&input_templates=3" -->

What I get is this:

<!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/amazon/amazon.cgi?input_mode=item&input_item=1576751457,
&input_templates=3" -->

In other words, the code breaks the line after each link entry and messes up the ssi include.

Any ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: [bnjp] link.html line break problem...HELP! In reply to
According the message Stealth sent me, this won't work. apparently the link.html will always insert a line break after each record. Maybe someone can give me a different idea as to how you would build an ssi include link on your category page using a single field from each record in a category. It needs to be on one line on the page, separated by commas.

example:

<!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/script.cgi?items=item1,item2,item3,item4" -->

this is with Items 1,2,3, and 4 being the same field in 4 different records in the database. In my case the ISBN#

I've been using links 2.0 for at least two years and have found that there is not much you cannot make it do. That's why I use it all through my site. This one I can't figure out.

If anyone is wondering, this is working on my page now, but only with one item at a time. So I have a ssi include for each link with really slows down the page. see http://smallgroups.com/bookstore/Software/ to see what I mean. I really need to be able to put 10 in one line separated by commas.

Last edited by:

bnjp: Jul 31, 2002, 3:35 PM