Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

installation problem

Quote Reply
installation problem
Please help,
I've been trying to install the links v.2.0, but I keep getting an error in whenever i try to view, add, delete, modify, etc...
He is my exact error message:
Error including libraries: Can't locate /cgi-bin/admin/links.def in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/libdata/perl/5.00502/mach /usr/libdata/perl/5.00502 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at links.cfg line 116.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.
Quote Reply
Re: installation problem In reply to
Trekker,

I won't dispute you. However, I went and looked at the FAQ to see if I could find something on it but could not. Which FAQ question covers this problem?

------------------
Bob Connors
bobsie@orphanage.com
www.orphanage.com/goodstuff/
goodstufflists.home.ml.org/

Quote Reply
Please read the FAQ
Quote Reply
Trekker,

Normally, I would agree with your response based on some of the messages I have seen here. However, in this case, I cannot since there are only 10 questions in the FAQ and none of them are concerned with serkan's problem. It would do him absolutely no good to "read the FAQ" in this case.

Serkan,

Quote:
Can't locate /cgi-bin/admin/links.def in @INC ... at links.cfg line 116.

What exactly do you have in line 116 of links.cfg? According to my copy, that line reads:

Quote:
# Number of links per page.

That certainly has nothing to do with links.def. In fact, there is no reference to links.def anywhere in links.cfg that I can find.

Can you show us the "Paths and URL's to Important Stuff" section of your links.cfg?

Also, is the path to perl, at the top of your scripts, correct for the location of perl on your server?

------------------
Bob Connors
bobsie@orphanage.com
www.orphanage.com/goodstuff/
goodstufflists.home.ml.org/

Quote Reply
Bobsie,

Quite the contrary... from the number of times I've seen this, I can tell you that this problem is addressed in the FAQ. Serkan, you need to make sure that the line in each of your file (i.e. search.cgi, add.cgi, jump.cgi, etc.....) points to the full path to your links.cfg (or links.def since it appears that you have renamed it).
Quote Reply
Well, my thought would be:

/cgi-bin/admin/links.def

does not sound like a system path, but more likely a relative URL.

Make sure $db_script_path points to the full system path.

Hope this helps,

Alex