Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

error message about template.pm

Quote Reply
error message about template.pm
Hi , Newbie here.. Just uploaded everything and added a category...hit build all and I get this error:

fatal error: Template: Can't find template: /home/member/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/templates/home.html at /home/member/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/Template.pm line 41.

Any Ideas on what happened.

If its a permission problem, what are the permissions for .pl and .pm

Thanks in Advance

Shocked
Quote Reply
Re: [wishmaster] error message about template.pm In reply to
Did you upload everything into the correct directories?

/cgi-bin
/links
/admin
/templates

All directories (folders) should be set to 775.

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Thanks , It was a permission problem. Quick question...started to setup categories and on some such as Business-Finances I got an error message about invalid name ...is there a limit on how long the category name can be , and if so can it be changed? Also after I did get a few excepted , they do not show up on my home page, Any Ideas on this?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] error message about template.pm In reply to
Quote:
All directories (folders) should be set to 775

Not in all cases ;) Some servers will let you use 755 (use this is you can), whilst others may even require 777 CHMOD's (as well as 775).

Just to point that out for anyone who looks over this thread in the future Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Last edited by:

Andy: Mar 22, 2004, 12:53 AM
Quote Reply
Quote:
Business-Finances I got an error message about invalid name ...is there a limit on how long the category name can be , and if so can it be changed? Also after I did get a few excepted , they do not show up on my home page, Any Ideas on this?

You can't use / & or other charachters like that. You would need to format it something like;

Business_and_Finanaces

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] error message about template.pm In reply to
Quote:
Also after I did get a few excepted , they do not show up on my home page, Any Ideas on this?

You have to rebuild to see any changes/additions you make.

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie