Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

e-mail functions won't work though everything is set correct

Quote Reply
e-mail functions won't work though everything is set correct
I've just installed Links 2.0 and just LOVE it - just having one little problem, already searched the forums for previous posts to fix that, did everything suggested but it didn't help -> the e-mail functions won't work AT ALL! No e-mails sent to the admin, non to the link owners (so far they are only my own links so I could test if it all works).
The sendmail path is 100% right since I have an ikonboard and a greymatter journal with e-mail functions working just fine on the same server. Also set the send mail on validation - option to 1, the admin e-mail addy is correct and works... what else could be the problem?
I have my site hosted at puretec.de (probably the most used german webhost), it's a cobalt server (at least I think so since I had to make all the adjustments for cobalt servers to make it work) and sendmail works for others scripts at my site...
in short HELP, I have NO clue what to do anymore!

LATER:
okay, stupid me..now it works..adding "-t" to the sendmail path did it! Could someone tell me WHY it works now? Just curious what the -t means and why it works without it with all my other programs.

Last edited by:

SpiritCrow: Oct 13, 2001, 9:34 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [SpiritCrow] e-mail functions won't work though everything is set correct In reply to
The -t switch tells sendmail to search the message for To:, Cc:, and Bcc: lines, deleting the Bcc: line before sending the message.

It is the safest and cleanest way to pipe messages into sendmail.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Oct 13, 2001, 5:01 PM