Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

cgi portions of script don't work

Quote Reply
cgi portions of script don't work
This was up and running...and I don't know what I did...been fooling around last day, to no avail..
admin works and builds...but when I do everything except what's new and cool I get an error...I've chmod to 755 on cgi so many times I can't see straight....500 errors...I'm new to this stuff and haven't gotten an answer from support...I'm starting to get really p off...i've tried path everyway but loose also...url is here http://salesmantogo.com/pages/ any help would be appreciated

ED

Quote Reply
Re: cgi portions of script don't work In reply to
You might want to try to upload the files that don't work again. Use brand new files. And are you sure you have the paths set correctly.

Quote Reply
Thanks, Hacker and Merry Christmas....Have it working again...mostly. Let me ask a newbie question...when setting permissions is there a proper way to do it....i.e. set files first...set directories first...777 first...lower number chmod first....I don't seem to have any problems on simple scripts(duh ;-)...but more complicated scripts seem to present a challenge...anyway, I appreciate your time...Feliz Navidad and Anos Nuevo.

Ed

Quote Reply
There is no real order to do it in.