Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
build trouble
I have just installed the scripts and get this error in IE5 when I try to build "The page cannot be displayed".

If anyone could help point me in the right direction,I imagine I have missed something simple.

Thanks

Quote Reply
Re: build trouble In reply to
Most likely your server does not allow NPH files to execute...please read the Threads in this forum about NPH files and also read the two FAQs (Cobalt... and Problems with NPH files) in the Resource Center.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thanks for the quick response, i have checked out the other threads and manual for my server, i am allowed NPH files, but they run through a secure server. Here is what they say about NPH

Cgiwrap--Secure Server CGI Wrapper
Your domain includes secure server access, allowing you to collect customer information in a secure fashion. Since you might also want to run a cgi program in secure mode, we make available Cgiwrap - a system that allows safe, secure use of cgi programs. We have created a sort short cut for this as well.
When you want to use a cgi script or program in secure mode, you
must change the URL to follow this format:
https://machine.safe-order.net/cgi-domain/script.cgi

Machine - that is the machine name that is hosting your domain.
cgi-domain - replace the word domain with your domain name.
script.cgi - use the name of the cgi script located in your cgi-bin directory.
For nph-style scripts, use nph-cgiwrap or nph-cgiwrapd instead.

Based on this, how would I change the files to have them run?

Thank you for your help.

Quote Reply
Since your other files work with the exception of the NPH files, you will need to change the path to the links.cfg file in the NPH files to go through the cgiwrap directories.

Regards,

Eliot Lee