Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

all nph* & admin.cgi?db=category* error

Quote Reply
all nph* & admin.cgi?db=category* error
hi,
i'd just installed links2.0 sucessfully on my unix server. most of the function works fine except for:
nph-verify.cgi
nph-email.cgi
nph-build.cgi
i'd read the thread that elliot had posted and follow the instructions (rename the file) but unsuccessful.
Error Message: 500 Internal Server Error

And also in the admin panel, all admin.cgi?db=links* works fine while admin.cgi?db=category* doesn't work at all.
Please help. Thanks in advance.

Don't argue with a FOOL
Ppl might not know the difference
Quote Reply
Re: all nph* & admin.cgi?db=category* error In reply to
Read the Cobalt and NPH FAQs in the Resource Center. Also search this forum for NPH.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Anthrorules,
Thanks for your help. I did that and nph-verify.cgi is now working. For nph-build.cgi, there's a cgi error. Something like:
CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : Error building! Links database is 0 bytes!
Script Location : /usr/local/www/htdocs/<myname>//cgi-bin/admin/nph-build.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00404

The nph-email.cgi still doesn't work when I tried to send mass email.

I still can't find any solution to my problem with the admin.cgi.
Anything with the admin.cgi?db=links works fine. But 500 Internal Server Error will occur with all of admin.cgi?db=category. Get what I mean?

In the admin left-hand frame, all Links menu will work but not Categories menu.

Don't argue with a FOOL
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Error building! Links database is 0 bytes!
Search the forum for the above quote using Phrase search option and search only in the Links 2.0 Installation - UNIX forum....I, personally, have responded to a number of Threads with the same error message.

Good luck.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
sorry,
Everything is my own fault. I realised that most of the files were corrupted. Deleted the files and re-uploaded again, it works fine now.
One question, the admin directory is insde my cgi-bin directory. Can I password protect it there?

Don't argue with a FOOL
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Can I password protect it there?
Yes...as discussed many times in this forum and in the other LINKS forums...use .htaccess/.htpasswd...Don't know anything about these files? Then read the Modification in the Resource Center for creating .htaccess/.htpasswd files.

If you don't have .htaccess access in your server (which if you don't, switch hosting companies), then search the Links 2.0 Customization and Links 2.0 Discussion forums for ADMIN PASSWORD MOD.

Regards,

Eliot Lee