Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

add.cgi worked.. but not anymore

Quote Reply
add.cgi worked.. but not anymore
I've been using Links 2.0 the last half year and I have never encountered any problems adding links, but lately I've been getting some strange HTTP 500 errormessages every time I try to add a link. And yes, add.cgi was uploaded in ASCII.. yes, all paths are correct. And yes, the permission on both the data-directory and add.cgi are correct.

NB! add.cgi is only used in the Links Administration Menu, not on the site - which uses a plain formmailer since I need to have some extra information sent at the same time as the link is submitted.

Please, are there anyone around who have had the same problem who can help me!?!

------------------
Ronny Salomonsen <rsalomon@online.no>
Feline Medias

Quote Reply
Re: add.cgi worked.. but not anymore In reply to
So, you add links via admin.cgi??? I am confused. You say that you add sites via the "LINKS Administration Menu". The LINKS MANAGER does NOT use add.cgi, but admin.cgi file.

Try looking at your Perl Error Log, or use the following command line via telnet:

Code:
perl -c admin.cgi

to check the syntax of the script.

Regards.

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
I tried to do a syntax check on both add.cgi and admin.cgi, but they still not work. After running it I can't access the admin.cgi either. Yet another internal server error. I could always try to replace admin.cgi if that would work..

Name "main::db_script_url" used only once: possible typo at admin.cgi line 59.
Name "main::db_script_link_url" used only once: possible typo at admin.cgi line
admin.cgi syntax OK

That's the message perl returns to me.

It has always worked, so I wonder what's wrong now. I'll take a look on my domains errorlog:

malformed header from script. Bad header=HTTP/1.0 200 OK: (URL to script)

I also see that I've got some premature ends of script headers.

Can't find the perl errorlog though.

------------------
Feline Medias

Quote Reply
Never mind.. neither scripts work.. DAMN it! I'll just have to check the links.cfg though it should work as is.

------------------
Feline Medias