Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

add.cgi tries to d/l

Quote Reply
add.cgi tries to d/l
Well, I thought I had everything working on a first attempt to install. One thing wrong that I can't pin down, click on "Add" and it prompts you to download.

I've checked all the paths, to the best of my knowledge they are right. The path in add.cgi is listed just like in modify.cgi, search.cgi, etc, and they work, I'm using the full path in all. Since I'm cant program a vcr, using some logic...add.cgi calls various files, I checked permissions on those files and all seems fine. I used a list of permission settings found thru the resources section.

Since this is the only thing that appears to not work I was hoping it would be obvious to you experienced folk.

You can check it at 65.108.62.194/links

Thanks! If you need to see a piece of one of the files, let me know which one!

EDIT:Did some more searching here. If I say, "open" when prompted for the download I get the message:
"Error including libraries: Can't locate /home/doyuma/doyuma-www/cgi-bin/admin/links.cfg at add.cgi line 30.
Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly."

Another post suggested using the FULL PATH to links.cgi in the admin.cgi, I changed it to full path, then admin failed to open, got the same download prompt, said now there was an error in admin.cgi line 27. Changed it back to the short path "links.cfg" and admin works again, but "Add" still prompts for the download.

EDIT AGAIN:
Ok, for giggles and grins I re-uploaded add.cgi. Went and checked and it worked!!! With NO changes at all, just uploaded as it was unzipped, no changes to paths. Can someone explain why the others needed the full path yet add.cgi failed with it?
Quote Reply
Re: add.cgi tries to d/l In reply to
Depending on if you changed the FOLDER names or location of files, this problem could occur.

Best to keep the default file/folder structure before customizing the script.

Regards,

Eliot Lee