Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

add.cgi not adding, please help

Quote Reply
add.cgi not adding, please help
Hi, the add.cgi is not adding the link even though it says it is. I get no errors or anything but it's not adding the link. The admin.cgi can add them fine though. Any ideas ?
Quote Reply
Re: add.cgi not adding, please help In reply to
1) Make sure that you have name="process_form" in the submit input field, like the following:

Code:
<input type="submit" name="process_form" value="Add Site">

2) Make sure that you have properly referenced the required library files in add.cgi.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Thank you but I don't think that's the problem. Frown I just went to the admin.cgi and was validating the the links under the Links: menu and I noticed that it listed all the ones I had tried to add. So, I guess it is adding them but they're just not showing up in the .html files. I checked the perms and it's u+rw and everyone else has just read access. It's owned by nobody so I guess it should work. Any ideas ? Please.
Quote Reply
What file is owned by nobody???

Also, if the links are being "added" into your LINKS MANAGER, then the problem IS with your sendmail/smtp configurations. The add.cgi file uses the Mailer.pm file to send verifications to the admin that links have been added.

1) Make sure that you have the correct settings for the SENDMAIL or SMTP variable in the links.cfg file.

2) Also, make sure that you have the Mailer.pm uploaded in your links cgi-bin directory.

I REALLY hope this helps.

Best of luck,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Hrm.. the index.html files are owned by nobody. What file should I put that process for stuff in ? I've got the mailer.pm there. I think it's working cuz everytime I add a link with add.cgi it mails me saying someone added a link but the link just doesn't show up. That smiley face looks evil. The path to sendmail was correct. Thanks.
Quote Reply
You need to rebuild your directory after links are added!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
http://www.anthrotech.com
Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
----------------------