Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

What's Cool cut-off

Quote Reply
What's Cool cut-off
When I build my pages, the number of hits required to be considered a "cool site" gets higher and higher. Is this because I only show the top 1% or is there some way to adjust the script so more sites make it to this level.

I have been pretty lucky not to have some of the problems that other folks are having, this seems pretty minor.
Quote Reply
Re: What's Cool cut-off In reply to
Change the cutoff variable in your links.cfg file to the following:

Code:
$db_popular_cutoff = 0.01;

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
Thanx Elliot, we'll see what that does
Quote Reply
If you notice in the links.cfg file, it does provide examples, like 0.03 for three percent and 10 for top ten.

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
----------------------

Quote Reply
I had noticed that before, didn't think it would make it so hard to rate being a "cool" site.

Right now sites need in the neighborhood of 350+ hits to reach that status, I want it to be easier.

Thanks again
Quote Reply
Well...that is the only way to do it, unless you re-write the build_stats sub-routine in the nph-build.cgi file, which is not recommended unless you have Perl experience.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------