Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

VerifyingLinks&Emailing

Quote Reply
VerifyingLinks&Emailing
Hello Everyone.
I am having problmes getting the Emailing aspect of links to Work correctly. It does write to the mailer log as message sent, but no messages actually do.
I did set the path to sendmail and i tried path to mail. Neither worked.

Another problem is that I have is with Verifying links. It doesn't work. When I hit one of the options, Netscape starts working, but nothing ever happes. It doesn't even declare being stalled. Can any one help?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: VerifyingLinks&Emailing In reply to

Quote:
It does write to the mailer log as message sent, but no messages actually do.

How do you know? Is your address one of those being mailed to? If Links is logging the messages as sent, then they should be sent. The logging action is taken after each addressee's message is sent. No carbon copy is sent to the admin address (that's why they are logged). If you are sure that they are not being sent, then it has got to be a problem with sendmail or the way you have sendmail defined in links.cfg.

Quote:
Another problem is that I have is with Verifying links. It doesn't work.

It works, but for some reason, does not work from the web in all cases. If you have telnet access, try logging in and running perl nph-verify.cgi in your admin directory. Alex has indicated that he was going to rework the way verify works but has yet to announce the update's availability.

I hope this helps.