Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Validation Error

Quote Reply
Validation Error
What does this mean? I know I don't have LWP, but those two links are active. Anyone knows?
==========

Unable to load Parallel User Checker. System Error:
--
Can't locate LWP/Parallel/UserAgent.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/www//links/admin /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /home/www/links/admin/Validator.pm line 26.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/www/links/admin/Validator.pm line 26.
--
Using IO::Socket method instead.

--------------------------------------------------------
Checked 6 - Request Failed (302). Message: Found, but data resides under different URL (add a /).

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited February 26, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Validation Error In reply to
The first part of that is normal and is displayed when there is no LWP.

The problem with the link is exactly what it says. In the links.db, the URL ends without a "/" but, when going to the link, a "/" is added by the remote server. It is telling you to add the "/" to your URL in links.db. That is not mandatory, but failing to do it will result in the same error everythime you verify the links.

I hope this helps.

------------------
Bob Connors
bobsie@orphanage.com
www.orphanage.com/goodstuff/
Quote Reply
Thanks Bobsie, Does this mean the forward slash has to be added for all urls?

Also, what is the deal with the LWP. Is this something I can install or what do I have to do to get my host to install it?

Thanks
Quote Reply
[quote}Does this mean the forward slash has to be added for all urls?[/quote]
If they point to a directory but not a document, they should end with a the slash.

Quote:
what is the deal with the LWP. Is this something I can install or what do I have to do to get my host to install it?

Send a message and ask your host about it. They might already have it done but just not configured right.

------------------
Bob Connors
bobsie@orphanage.com
www.orphanage.com/goodstuff/
Quote Reply
My host says Module LWP 5.36 is already installed. But this is the error I get. Any clues?

Link checking started at: Fri Feb 26 19:31:55 1999
--------------------------------------------------------
Unable to load Parallel User Checker. System Error:
--
Can't locate LWP/Parallel/UserAgent.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /home/www/businessnation/links/admin /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /home/www/businessnation/links/admin/Validator.pm line 26.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/www/businessnation/links/admin/Validator.pm line 26.
--
Using IO::Socket method instead.