Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Unkown Tag: special_url1 - huh? - please help

Quote Reply
Unkown Tag: special_url1 - huh? - please help
When you want to rate a site, and enter the #, and click submit, it gives the error:
Unkown Tag: special_url1

But, if you go back, and do it again, it works fine. I would like to have it where it dosen't do it in the first place. How can i fix it?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Unkown Tag: special_url1 - huh? - please help In reply to
Are you using one of the rating mods?
Quote Reply
what's a rating mod exactly? i just know i have ratings turned on and stuff. If possible, how do i turn the ratings off and the date submitted on each page off? (without having to manually remove them from each template)
Quote Reply
I was asking if you installed one of the 3d-party rating modifications to your Links. special_url1 does not occur in the standard Links script. Therefore, you could not get that error from the standard Links script unless you modified it by installing someone else's script modification.

If you have installed a modification (for example, one of the template mods) then I can't answer since I have not used them and someone else would have to help. That's why I asked.
Quote Reply
Yes, i installed the Snap template. (sorry)
Quote Reply
Oh, okay. If you look at the thread for that mod, I think the problem with "special_url1" was brought up and fixed. The url of the thread is http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...um3/HTML/001010.html

I hope this helps.
Quote Reply
yes, but it only discusses the error with the yahoo template and with template.cfg, which is not included with the snap one. So...?