Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Unkown Tag: site???

Quote Reply
Unkown Tag: site???
I moved to new server, setup everything - seems to work fine - but when I make any key word search I get this error message:

Unkown Tag: site

Quote Reply
Re: Unkown Tag: site??? In reply to
site isnt a tag that links uses.

Paul Wilson. Shocked
(Dont blame me if I'm wrong!)
Quote Reply
Well I see this problem when I make a search. Any solution please??

Quote Reply
Should be something like...<%Site_Title%>

Paul Wilson. Shocked
Quote Reply
I didn't get what you mean? would you mind explain more?

Quote Reply
Did you add any modifications? Paul meant that < % site % > is no regular tag in Links 2.0.

Thomas
http://www.japanreference.com
Quote Reply
I didn't add any modefication, I used to have links v 2.0 but when I moved to new server I upgrade it to v 2.1, I update all files except what in data directory

where is <%Site_Title%> locate in which file excatuly if that was teh problem

Quote Reply
In all your templates you need to find <%title%> tags and replace them with <%Site_Title%>

Im not sure why they are <%title%>....you must have modified the templates somehow.

Paul Wilson. Shocked
Quote Reply
Was not aware that there is a 2.1 version.. Checking the current download from Gosammer's site I believe it is at 2.0.

Be interested to know where you obtained the 2.1 version and what was upgraded in it :)

New Zealand Christian Internet Directory
Quote Reply
The tag that you need to use is actually <%site_title%> since it is defined as site_html => $build_site_title in the site_html_templates.pl file.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Actually, Gossamer Threads released a small update to Links 2.0 in the Fall 2000. The current version is 2.01, NOT 2.1. Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Actually, Gossamer Threads released a small update to Links 2.0 in the Fall 2000. The current version is 2.01, NOT 2.1.
Thanks for the info Elliot - that was the little bug that was found and Alex released a patch - right? :)

New Zealand Christian Internet Directory
Quote Reply
Yes...it mostly made updates to the sub query and some other subs in the db.pl and db_utils.pl...very minor update, thus a patch is a good description of that version.

Regards,

Eliot Lee