Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Unable to copy links backup

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: Unable to copy links backup In reply to
The funny thing is that the cgi's write their files to the "backup" directory when it is outside the data folder!

Where can I download the working set of scripts?

Quote Reply
Re: [justanartist] Unable to copy links backup In reply to
Well I finally fixed this problem (a year later) while sorting other stuff... the mother board eventually died...

The backup folder needed to be at admin/backup and not where others have suggested!
Quote Reply
Re: [adamtheo] Unable to copy links backup In reply to
I've just installed Links2 and I've hit the same problem you had a while ago. Can you get me to the solution quickly (although i must admit reading about you putting your foot in it and then having to "bash your head against the wall" made for some interesting reading). But seriously, I get the same error message that you first got. HELP PLEASE!!!Unsure
Quote Reply
Re: [wereman2] Unable to copy links backup In reply to
EXACTLy what error are you getting? Please paste it here, as it may be different to the previous one in this post.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Unable to copy links backup In reply to
I'm having the same problem. I've checked and double checked my permissions and they all seem to be just fine. I have the links.db.bak in my data folder and that hasn't helped either. Any help that could be provided would be very much appreciated. Below is the error message I have been receiving. Mad

Backing up database . . .
Backing up links, category and email database (File::Copy) ...
CGI ERROR==========================================Error Message : Unable to copy links backup. Reason: No such file or directoryScript Location : /home/sites/mysite.com/cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-build.cgiPerl Version : 5.006001
Quote Reply
Re: [birddog] Unable to copy links backup In reply to
What do you have set for your paths in links.cfg? Please paste the first 100 lines.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
> >