Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Ummmm... I'm still waiting for an answer....

Quote Reply
Ummmm... I'm still waiting for an answer....
Do you guys don't answer some of the questions or u just don't know the answers??

I still need help on editing the Templates...I don't understand them... If I don't want to use the templates whats another way to make the page??? since it doesn't look like I can use FP98??
Quote Reply
Re: Ummmm... I'm still waiting for an answer.... In reply to
If you don't want to use templates, you will need to edit the site_html.pl file.

--mark
Quote Reply
Re: Ummmm... I'm still waiting for an answer.... In reply to
You have asked this question in one form or another in almost every forum now. The problem is not with Links. The problem is with FP98 or your understanding of how to use FP98.

Quote:
Do you guys don't answer some of the questions or u just don't know the answers??

Personally, I don't feel this is a fair question. This is not a FrontPage support forum. This is a Links support forum. You have received answers to your questions, as best as possible so far, concerning your problem with Links using FP98. If a FP98 user has a more definitive answer, and they feel like replying to you, then you will receive that answer. However, no one here is required to help you learn how to use FP98. Demanding answers is not helpful.

Quote:
I still need help on editing the Templates...I don't understand them

To date, you have not asked one question about how to use templates. All you have asked is how to edit them in FP98. If you ask a specific question about templates, you most certainly will receive an answer. So, what is it about templates you do not understand that we can help you with?

Quote:
If I don't want to use the templates whats another way to make the page???

To add to what Mark said, you also need to turn off using templates in links.cfg by setting $build_use_templates to 0 (zero). Then you put all the html for your pages in the appropriate subroutine of site_html.pl instead of templates.

I hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by Bobsie (edited June 04, 1999).]