Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Re-install HELP

Quote Reply
Re-install HELP
The Cobalt RaQ4 that my client's site is using crashed over the weekend. I just uploaded everything onto the new RaQ4, changed all the permissions, added links and categories - no problem so far. The site is using templates, and when I go to the site itself, click on a category, I get "The requested URL was not found on this server."

I noticed that there are no directories that are being made dynamically by links for each of the categories, on the server.

I also get the error message when building:
"fatal error: Template: Can't find template: (web path) at (web path) Template.pm line 41.
(I replaced the long paths with (web path))
I am not sure how to add the path - if that is what I am to do.
Can anyone help??

Thanks,
Stevan

Quote Reply
Re: Re-install HELP In reply to
You need to edit ALL the path variables in the links.cfg file.

Also, you need to hack the nph-build.cgi to be used with RAQ servers...codes posted and re-posted for doing this in this forum...search for RAQ....and there is also an FAQ in the Resources that covers hacking the NPH files!

Regards,

Eliot Lee Wink
http://anthrotech.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Re-install HELP In reply to
I am using all the same modified files that I used before the crash - all the paths are correct, the hack to the nph-build.cgi and nph-verify.cgi, essentially everything I needed to do to get it to work before was with the modified files on my local drive - which have been uploaded and permissions changed.

Any other ideas?

-Stevan