Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

jump.cgi problem

Quote Reply
jump.cgi problem
when i click any link, this error msg shows...
btw.. all admin, all cgi are working fine , except the jump.cgi
and dont tell me if i have set the permission correctly and uploaded it in ASCII

Error including libraries: Can't locate /usr/home17/public_html/jiwang/cgi-bin/links/admin/links.cfg in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/home17/jiwang/public_html/cgi-bin/links /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/mach /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at /usr/home17/jiwang/public_html/cgi-bin/links/jump.cgi line 28.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

One other thing is do i have to make header and footer ? guide me about the link.cfg stuff too

thank you

Quote Reply
Re: jump.cgi problem In reply to
In Reply To:
btw.. all admin, all cgi are working fine , except the jump.cgi and dont tell me if i have set the permission correctly and uploaded it in ASCII
The problem is not with file permissions or uploading (if it was a problem with uploading you would've received the Carriage returns error message).

As the ERROR message stats "Can't locate..." means that you have not put the correct ABSOLUTE PATH in the first require statement in the jump.cgi script....it should look like the following:

Code:

require "/usr/home17/public_html/jiwang/cgi-bin/links/admin/links.cfg";

In Reply To:
One other thing is do i have to make header and footer ?
This has already been discussed and there is a link in the FAQ section of Links in the Resources section of this web site. OR search the Links 2.0 Customization Forum for header footer Bobsie.

Regards,

Eliot Lee