Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

LWP::UserAgent

Quote Reply
LWP::UserAgent
I got this error when I install Links

Error including libraries: Can't locate LWP/UserAgent.pm

How do I install LWP Module ? Do I need root access to do this ?

Thanks.

Quote Reply
Re: LWP::UserAgent In reply to
Do you host yourself or not?

if you host yourself do a search on these forums for the link or go to cpan and download the necessary modules.

If you don't host yourself. Beg your server people to install the modules. If they won't get a new hosting company!

a third alternative ... search the forums for LWP, there is a way to get around the hosting company ... don't know if it's safe or not but it'll work ;-)

good luck, sorry for being too lazy to find the link for you.

on the pages in between ...
Quote Reply
Thank QooQ . I did ask my host company, they said it is a custom program and I may have to install by myself. But I do not have root access.

I am so frustrated. I just paid $40 for account setup and $100/month for hosting fee.

Quote Reply
wow $100 a month ... what do you get? WEll, besides hassels :-)

Ok, You can't install to server so to say BUT you can install to your directory straight. Like I said, I have no clue wht kind of security problem this will cause ... jee, they want money for a modual.

What you do is download from cpan or where ever I forgot the what the link is though
upload to your directory
go into links and require or include to where you put LWP

you can do a search for "jdunes" should be close to a year that this was talked about, if I remember correctly the final solution to this type of problem was also included.

I have done this and it worked.

good luck and don't blame me if your hosting service get's pissed off ;-)

on the pages in between ...