Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Adding opens up another admin

Quote Reply
Adding opens up another admin
Hello,

I just installed links and open the admin.cgi screen up just fine. But when I go to add links Something goes wrong. I hit the link on the left to open the add links screen. I fill in the information and het the grey button that says "Add Link" and after that the admin screen opens up again in that center frame so now I am looking at two admin screens one inside of the other. Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Adding opens up another admin In reply to
This is the same problem I'm having (see http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/forum/resources/Forum2/HTML/001510.html ). From past messages in this forum, likely causes are:

-a problem with the <form> tags -- sometimes people insert them in the tables on add.cgi incorrectly -- but this would not apply to the admin.cgi unless you've been editing the admin scripts (i.e. admin_html.pl)

-incorrect permissions on the data directory or a file in the data directory

I've checked these things over and over again myself and they don't seem to be the problem for me. I've started over with a clean copy that has no changes other than the necessary paths and URL's in links.cfg. I cannot add a category or a link and so I can't get very far. But when I copy the same info over to a different server it works fine -- It seems to me that the server is disregarding the info sent via POST and just acting as though you clicked on a link to the page.

Questions about this don't seem to get any response because they seem to be from people who didn't try very hard to solve the problem (i.e. people assume I just didn't check the permissions)

What version of perl is on your server? I'm going to go check mine now.

Here's my directory listings so you can see my permissions. They all seem to be correct.

Quote Reply
Re: Adding opens up another admin In reply to
I have installed links a couple of times before. This new problem has suddenly come up when I install on a new server. My new server is a Clobalt Raq2, I am not sure if that is the problem or something I am doing. I have checked all the permissions and even reuploaded it. I think it is something more involved. If anyone can provide any help or similiar cases I would appreciate it.