Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

[error] malformed header from script. Bad header=Failed to send message to any

Quote Reply
ok. here's my problem. I'm getting

in my server's error log files..

Also. all of the sudden my add.cgi isnt working.. the actual site is fine but when you click the submit button it gives a 500 Error.. I've checked the chmod's multiple times.. i dont think thats it.. I havent changed anything either i dont believe.

Any ideas on where a malformed header could be?
I reuploaded add.cgi and all files under the admin thinking that would fix things but it didn't

Any ideas on what could be going on? Thanks in advance!

Brandon
Quote Reply
Re: [DcTalk] [error] malformed header from script. Bad header=Failed to send message to any In reply to
What do you have set in links.cfg for your SMTP or Sendmail location? Please post it...as it sounds like you have it incorrectly configured.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [DcTalk] [error] malformed header from script. Bad header=Failed to send message to any In reply to
Please do not take it as offense, but have you searched the forum?

Check the results here. Smile
Quote Reply
Hello.

1) Yes i have searched the forums.. Any logical person would have. Obviously i would not have posted something if i had found it in a search. (dont take offense to that)

2) My STMP is blank.. I'm sending through Sendmail. But i dont think this would be the problem. The add.cgi was working for i'd say about 2 weeks. then all the sudden it didn't however please tell me if you notice something incorrect :) I'd really appreciate it. Take Care & Thanks In Advance.

Do not set both at once!

# PATH of sendmail. # SMTP Server
$db_mail_path = '/usr/lib/sendmail'; $db_smtp_server = '';

# Email address of the administrator. BE SURE TO SET!
$db_admin_email = 'Webmaster@T4CMinistries.com';

# Notify visitors automatically when their links are validated?
$db_email_add = 1;

# Notify visitors automatically when their links are modified?
$db_email_modify = 0;

# Log all outgoing messages? Put the full path to a logfile and make sure it
# exists and is writeable (chmod 666 -rw-rw-rw-). This logfile can get pretty
# big!
$db_mailer_log = '';

Quote Reply
as far as those responses in that link you gave. just so you know.. none of them refer to my problem :) maybe a mal-header however that doesnt help.

also.. to temporarily fix the prob.. i've customized my 500 Internal Server Error page on my server to serve as a Success! We've gotten your submission.. since the.. add_success page seems to be the only thing not really working..

its not sending people there.. but instead giving successful submissions an 500 error page. :p
Quote Reply
Try adding -t -i to your sendmail path.