Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Problem with add.cgi please help

Quote Reply
Problem with add.cgi please help
Hi,

I am now for busy for 7 days,and I can't install prperly.
The problem is,if I put the .CGI files (like add.cgi,modify.cgi) in mine /CGI-BIN/ADMIN directory,then there is no promlem at all,everything works,but if I put the .CGI file outside the directory,then i have the problems.
Add.cgi can't find the /data/links.db file.

for example, I put mine add.cgi in www.host.com and I have the problem that I can't find the solution in links.cfg

Can anyone give me the file strucuur of the files in links.cgi,and in pric. on the bottom

Many thanks
mario

Quote Reply
Re: Problem with add.cgi please help In reply to
(As discussed before in this forum...)

1) Make sure that you have the complete ABSOLUTE/PHYSICAL path to where your admin files are located in the $db_script_path variable in the links.cfg file. Like the following:

Code:

require "/absolute/full/path/to/cgi-bin/links/admin";

2) Then in your .cgi file, make sure that you use the COMPLETE ABSOLUTE/PHYSICAL PATH where your links.cfg file is located in the first require line:

Code:

require "/absolute/path/to/cgi-bin/links/admin/links.cfg";

In Reply To:
Can anyone give me the file strucuur of the files in links.cgi,and in pric. on the bottom
1) Click on the Resources link at the top of the forum web pages.
2) Click on Links.
3) Click on FAQ.
4) Click on Links 2.x.
5) Read the FAQs...because there is one that provides a link to a Thread in this forum that lists all directories and files and associated permissions!

Good luck!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thanks for your help,It works now,Only I have 2 other question yet,but I will open a new message for it,but many thanks for your help.
mario

Quote Reply
You're welcome.

And you should try searching the forums and Resource Center more carefully before posting questions.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Your right,sorry.

regards,
Mario