Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Problem 'if' mod! help!

Quote Reply
Problem 'if' mod! help!
CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : fatal error: Compilation failed in require at /cgi-bin/links/admin/db_utils.pl line 503.

Script Location : /cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-build.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00502

Form Variables

I always receive this error message when building the pages, after I have added the 'ifs' mod.

can anyone tell me what's wrong with it? i copied exactly the same way as it is from the web page it was provided. any help would be appreciated.

Reever

[This message has been edited by Reever (edited May 30, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Problem 'if' mod! help! In reply to
The error you are getting has nothing to do with the mod you installed. Line 503 of db_utils.pl is:

Quote:
require "$db_lib_path/Template.pm";

So the problem is with Template.pm. Check the following:

1. Template.pm is in the admin directory.

2. Template.pm begins with a capital T.

3. Template.pm was uploaded in ASCII mode.

I hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by Bobsie (edited May 30, 1999).]
Quote Reply
i checked all of what you suggested. and i am sure everything is correct. i am wondering if format matters, because i copied the 'ifs' mod code right off the web page and then pasted it to notepad and then to wordpad (i use wordpad to open Template.pm) from the notepad. it then asks if i want to remove the format when i saved it. i removed the format and everything seemed right. any idea? thanks!
Quote Reply
I'm glad someone else is having the same problems as I am!

I've spent the past 48 hours trying to install this script. Thats a record!!!

I had exactly the same problem when I copied the code straight from the url below:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/resources/Detailed/26.html

However, when I copied it from:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/resources/jump.cgi?ID=26

The Staggered (auto) function goes straight through without any errors. Even if you run nph-build.cgi in Telnet it runs error free.

This won't fix your problem though, only make it even more frustrating. Now I'm in a situation where although no errors are appearing anywhere, my pages aren't being created properly. Although all of the pages are being created including any sub-category pages, which all link together fine. The links are all missing from them.
It appears there not being pulled from the db properly.

I'm beginning to wonder whether the revised 'sub parse' routine works. Has anyone actually installed it succesfully?

If anyone else is having this problem, please get in touch or could someone have a look at it. I'm not totally experienced in Perl only basic skills really. Can't see I've done anything wrong though.

I'm a bit baffled by the whole thing, I'm sure I had it working at one point.

I've been right back to the beginning and started again and still no luck. 3 complete installs and I'm pulling my hair out!!!

-Gary
Quote Reply
I do remember someone saying there was a problem with the nested if mod and the <%ifnot .. %> tag, but I haven't had a chance to test it out. If someone want's to be a test site, email me their telnet info and I'll take a look and get it working (and post a modified version of the Template.pm file).

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Please see:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...um3/HTML/001732.html

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Alex,
Thanks for the quick reply, but still no luck. I tried the updated mod, now no header/footer, links go directly to the URL instead of detailed. I tried a fresh copy of the templates. Any thoughts?

Thanks again
Quote Reply
Alex,
I'm having the same problem using your Resource Center templates,

If I remove the

Code:
<%ifnot Details%>
<a class="link" href="<%db_cgi_url%>/jump.cgi?ID=<%ID%>"><%Title%></a>
<%endif%>
from the links.html, links show up, but no titles. If I remove the
Code:
<%if Detials%>
and the corresponding endif, the title and link show up and work (without the detail of course.)

Also note, if I veiw the detail pages (4.html, etc.) I have an error, "Unkown Tag: Details"

Thanks for your help

[This message has been edited by Robocop (edited June 01, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by Robocop (edited June 01, 1999).]