Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Premature end of script headers also...

Quote Reply
Premature end of script headers also...
I am setting the script up for someone else. I have set it up on my own server no problem. The trouble is all the files in the user cgi dir. add.cgi, jump.cgi etc. they all give the premature end... error. All the admin scripts work fine. I have the right path to perl, i upped in ASCII 3 times, the dir is 755, tried 777 too. The files are 755.
What is going on? Anyone know?

Derek
Quote Reply
Re: Premature end of script headers also... In reply to
Can nobody help with this?
Quote Reply
Do you have access to the system error logs on that server? It might be able to shed some light on the problem.
Quote Reply
That is the first thing I checked, and it just gives the same error. No line number or anything.
Quote Reply
The problem could be any number of things. Can you post the paths/URLs you have set in links.cfg (just the ones at the top are all that are necessary) or put links.cfg up as a text file and provide the URL to it?

As difficult as it is for you to decipher what may be wrong, it is much more difficult for us, since we don't have anything to go on and would just be guessing. Normally, I would say that it is some type of typo in the script, but since it is happening to all the user accessible scripts, something else must be wrong.
Quote Reply
Here is the link to the links.cfg file
http://moviesoundpage.com/links.cfg.txt

Thanks,
Derek

[This message has been edited by Predator (edited May 31, 1999).]
Quote Reply
I cannot find anything wrong in your links.cfg (other than the "-t" on the sendmail config which isn't needed there).

Are you absolutely sure that the top line of each of those scripts is pointing to the same perl as the top line of the admin.cgi script? I find it very odd that none of the user accessible scripts can be accessed and that is normally what causes that problem. The only other thing that would cause it is if they were not uploaded as ASCII, although, that should generate a different error message (but not necessarily).
Quote Reply
I upped 3 times in ASCII, and just tried again, same thing. I checked the paths to perl, and they are the same. Are there any files that those scripts call that the admin doesn't? Maybe I should look at those?
Quote Reply
Well, this is weird. It's working now. I just went to chmod them all back to 755 and it works now. I had them at 755 and 777 and it didn't work.
Anyway, hope it stays put.

Thanks,
Derek