Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Premature end of script headers - only on add.cgi and the other user scripts

Quote Reply
Premature end of script headers - only on add.cgi and the other user scripts
I almost lost my mind the past two days - I've installed Links 2.0 at least 6 other times successfully - but I couldn't get the user CGI scripts to work (add.cgi, subscribe.cgi and etc). I had them at the same level as the domain name... you have to have them in a directory that is CHMODed to 755. Once I created a directory called links and CHMOD 755 and then moved the user scripts and the admin directory everything worked great (don't forget to change your links.cfg). So hopefully there's enough keywords for others to pick up on this issue and find a solution. Futher discussion is here:http://gossamer-threads.com/...forum.cgi?post=18976, but is from 1999 so I thought I'd put a note in for 2002 in case people needing help aren't searching back that far. Remember the first rule of installing Links 2.0: remain calm!
Quote Reply
Re: [ao4047] Premature end of script headers - only on add.cgi and the other user scripts In reply to
Thanks for the note. I am sure that it will help some users, although this info is in the README file I believe, which is the first thing to read before installing the script.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me