Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Ok I screwed up, links 2.1 links.cfg

Quote Reply
Ok I screwed up, links 2.1 links.cfg
Ok, first off I bought links 2.1extended from mycgi.....com and I didn't realize that this guy is I think stealing and reselling the script?

Anyway, the links.cfg file is blank. Is that normal? Has anyone else installed this before|? I am getting 500 error when going to setup.cgi.

Any help appreciated
Quote Reply
Re: [nuevojefe] Ok I screwed up, links 2.1 links.cfg In reply to
You bought a version of Links with many mods added already... They appear to be licensed to resell, as this is on their site:

License:
The commercial version of this script is priced at $250. It includes the registration fee for Links 2.0, but if you have already purchased a licence for Links 2.0 original, upgrading to Links 2.0 Extended will only cost you $120.

No, links.cfg should not be blank. This link shows you what it should look like, more or less... Suggest you ask them about it, as the one with all the mods is no doubt very different from the standard-issue one.

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie

Last edited by:

PerlFlunkie: Oct 25, 2003, 2:12 PM
Quote Reply
Not definate, but is there not an install.cgi script that comes with the Extended version? I'm pretty sure the guy was *trying* to be clever.. which may be why its blank (not definate though, as I don't own a copy).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
as was posted in your duplicate thread, the only way you are going to get any meaningful help on Links Extended is to contact MyCGIScripts.com.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] Ok I screwed up, links 2.1 links.cfg In reply to
alex at mycgi... is being pretty helpful so far.

It is blank because the setup.cgi I guess fills in all the appropriate info.

The readme doesn't have you go through all the manual editing like the links 2.0 does, so I guess this is something he has done to make this more novice friendly.

I'll post soon when he replies to my latest support emails.

Thanks all,

Jeff
Quote Reply
>>>It is blank because the setup.cgi I guess fills in all the appropriate info. <<<

Good guess by me then Sly

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!