Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Odd probelm with new host

Quote Reply
Odd probelm with new host
Trying to move my database to a new host. But with the new host I am getting 500 error trying to run add, modify, search, jump, rate, subscribe and ratehome scripts. When I access the admin.cgi file it will not let me validate saying it cannot find the links.db file.

But the script will run nph-build in cron and by the web.

So what might be the problem? this is starting to bug me. And Yes permissions have been checked and re-checked. Yes even reloaded in binary and Ascii.

Jerry

Quote Reply
Re: Odd probelm with new host In reply to
Most likely you have neglected to change the path configurations in your links.cfg file.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Nope -

that's not it. All paths and URL's are correct.

Jerry

Quote Reply
Can't be...because if your admin.cgi script cannot find the links.db file, then you either have a path problem or you did not upload your database files in the correct directory.

Also, if you are using a server that uses CGIWRAP and you are using similar paths as your old server, then guess what? Your paths are incorrect.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
I will find out if they are using CGIWRAP. But eveything else I just copied from my old site. So it is in the correct directories.

Jerry

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
But eveything else I just copied from my old site.
Including the paths in the links.cfg? Different server = different paths.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Nope all are the same paths. Why I choose this host, so I wouldn't have to change all my paths.

Jerry

Quote Reply
I don't think you understand me. If you change hosting companies, you need to change the absolute paths in the links.cfg...for the third time.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Yes, I understood for the third time. And again all paths are correct.

Jerry

Quote Reply
I have had the host and myself working on this for days and still no luck in getting the admin.cgi?validate to see or load the validate.db file. It keeps giving me the error it cannot find or locate the file or directory.

You can add and modify to the database but just will not let you see the validate file for validation.

Any ideas.

Jerry

Quote Reply
The problem lied within not getting the modified.db file transfered.

Thanks to Dean for pointing and finding this problem.

Jerry

Quote Reply
Eliot, if it is such an effort to be polite (as it seems to be with you!), then why do you hang around the forum so often!

Myself and many others have definitely benifitted from your help and we appreciate it greatly, but you do seem to have an attitude with people.

These forums are here for people who aren't "geniuses" like yourself, and so the people providing help should be polite, as they should realise that most of the people who visit the forums are fairly new to perl and links 2.0.

Think about it!

From Paul Wilson.
http://www.audio-grabber.com
Music Directory