Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Not getting an e-mail when new link added

Quote Reply
Not getting an e-mail when new link added
I don't seem to be getting an e-mail when a new link is added. I did get an e-mail when I verified a link tho. So it's not a mailer path problem. Does the webmaster e-mail var in links.cfg have to be like this xxx\@xxx.com or just like normal xxx@xxx.com. I tied both anyway just to make sure. Hope someone can help.
Quote Reply
Re: Not getting an e-mail when new link added In reply to
You need the \@ in the admin email address. If it was not used, you should have seen a perl error message saying it must be used.
Quote Reply
I had it like this \@ at first, but nothing was happening with any e-mail, so I changed it w/o the \ and I didn't get any errors and an e-mail got sent when I verified the link but not when I added a link.

I got this error when putting the \ in front of the @
access to /usr/local/etc/httpd/htdocs/usr/dance/cgi-bin/links/add.cgi failed for 24.112.***.***, reason: malformed header from script. Bad header=links\@djmixes.com... User unk

[This message has been edited by Predator (edited April 03, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Actually, I was wrong. The \ is not needed before the @. If you put it there, it gets included in the From address. Sorry about that.

Check your settings in the email section of links.cfg and make sure you have configured the script to send email when a record is added and/or modified.