Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

None of my cgi files in the main links directory work !!!!

Quote Reply
None of my cgi files in the main links directory work !!!! All the others do work fine - the one in the admin directory .. but the ones in the main links directory - search.cgi, add.cgi, modify.cgi....etc....
none of them work.......

also it seams like by default links 2.0 uses the templates to build the pages.... how can i build the pages using the old methof with the simple site_htmp.pl file not the template one ?

------------------
www.organizedchaos.net
Quote Reply
Re: None of my cgi files in the main links directory work !!!! In reply to

Quote:

It would be helpful if you said what went wrong, and what you tried to do. If there's an error message, a URL would be helpful too.

Quote:
also it seams like by default links 2.0 uses the templates to build the pages.... how can i build the pages using the old methof with the simple site_htmp.pl file not the template one ?

From the config file:

Quote:
# Use Templates: instead of editing site_html.pl, you can edit regular html pages
# encoded with special <%links_tags%>. It's not as flexible as site_html.pl, but it
# may be easier.
$build_use_templates = 1;

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
http://www.organizedchaos.net/mintouch/

this is the url

and everytime i try to search or run any of the cgi scripts in the manin links directory.. i get a internal server error...

please tell e if you can help

------------------
www.organizedchaos.net
Quote Reply
Well from the Readme:

Quote:
500 server errors are 99% of the time caused by: File uploaded in BINARY mode, or
path to perl is wrong or goes to perl version 5.

From your previous message, I'd guess the problem is that something was transferred in ASCII mode. Make sure everything is sent in BINARY mode.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Hello !

You have PERL installation problems and also there is a mistake in there!!!

web design: maintenance, marketing, html, dhtml, Java, peel, ad banners, online advertising, search engine submission.

For this high level of proffessional presentation a small mistake........

------------------
rajani