Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Need some help

Quote Reply
Need some help
This is my first time installing a cgi script and and it's actually a lot easier than I thought but I need some help on a few things. I think I got all the files in the right places and have the correct chmod for the different files but I'm having some trouble understanding the last part where you are suppose to setup the admin file paths and the email. What is a local host? Is it my domain?
Quote Reply
Re: [cowboytrails] Need some help In reply to
Hi. Good on ya Smile Have a look at this attached links.cfg for a better example of how to configure your script...localhost is not a very good example in most cases, as it is only used when running a script locally.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Need some help In reply to
Hmm i don't think you want to put cgi-bin in the path twice ;)

Last edited by:

Paul: Jun 8, 2002, 6:29 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Need some help In reply to
It was an example...Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Need some help In reply to
>>better example<<

Not with 2 cgi-bins Angelic
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Need some help In reply to
Mmm...why is my sig showing with an [/email] tag? I double checked the code, and there is only an opening and closing tag there Unimpressed

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk