Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Need Some Help! Anyone?

Quote Reply
Need Some Help! Anyone?
Dear People,
I need help in installing the admin.cgi script. I often receive this notice:

Error including libraries: Can't locate /cgi-bin/links/admin/db.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/libdata/perl/5.00502/mach /usr/libdata/perl/5.00502 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at admin.cgi line 28.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

I read the other messages posted up regarding this matter and I think I managed to follow those instructions. However, I am still stuck. PLease tell me what to do.
Thanks

Desperate for Help!
Quote Reply
Re: Need Some Help! Anyone? In reply to
Never mind I solved the problem already
I just need to know something
how do you password protect the admin site????

Thanks!
Quote Reply
There are lots of tutorials for protecting sites. Here's two:

www.bignosebird.com/apache/a10.shtml

http://faq.web2010.com/htaccess.htm

If those don't help contact your isp!

[This message has been edited by Demolition Man (edited November 04, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Thanks Demo for your hints.
Now I am currently facing a major problem. Can somebody check out my admin site and please help me with it.
I can't view,build , add or do anything. I must have done something wrong. Can anyone help ??? I often get this message.

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : unable to open rxcom/links/cgi-bin/admin//data/links.db. Reason: No such file or directory
Script Location : admin.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00502

Form Variables
-------------------------------------------
db : links
view_search : 1

Environment Variables

THE URL:
http://rxcom.virtualave.net/links/cgi-bin/admin/admin.cgi

Thanks!

Quote Reply
It helps to read the error message Smile :

rxcom/links/cgi-bin/admin//data/links.db. Reason: No such file or directory

Probably needs a slash at the beginning, and you have two slashes betweem admin and data

--mark

------------------
Due to repeated requests for support via ICQ, I am once again offering support online.

The ONLY number I will accept requests on is #53788453. Messages sent to my other numbers will not pass through to me, as I have security settings set to ignore messages from users not on that list.

I don't know how often I will be active on this number, as it is for only when I am free to offer assistance.

Could this signature be any longer? :)
Quote Reply
Why do I keep getting this line when I would want to build the HTML pages?

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : fatal error: Template: Can't find template: admin/templates/home.html at /home/rxcom/public_html/links/cgi-bin/admin/Template.pm line 41.

I have set my path and CHMOD the scripts correctly(hopefully) and still can't figure out what the problem is. Please help!
Quote Reply
Again, look at the error message:

Error Message : fatal error: Template: Can't find template: admin/templates/home.html at /home/rxcom/public_html/links/cgi-bin/admin/Template.pm line 41.

Looks like you defined a path wrong somewhere, because the template would be looking for /home/rxcom/public_html/links/cgi-bin/admin/templates/Template.pm

Actually, you shouldn't have to define the path where the templates are kept. Did you go through and erase all the pre-defined Links paths in links.cfg and construct the paths yourself (other then the first 4 or so)? Please make a copy of links.cfg and save it with a .txt extension and post the URL (not the file contents) here so we can verify.

--mark

------------------
Due to repeated requests for support via ICQ, I am once again offering support online.

The ONLY number I will accept requests on is #53788453. Messages sent to my other numbers will not pass through to me, as I have security settings set to ignore messages from users not on that list.

I don't know how often I will be active on this number, as it is for only when I am free to offer assistance.

Could this signature be any longer? :)
Quote Reply
I was having a similar problem...by doing a chmod 777 on the templates directory, it started working again, so you might want to make sure you have that set. BTW, this script is aewsome! =)

------------------
Summer S. Wilson
Eclectic Designs
http://www.eclectic-world.com

[This message has been edited by Eclectic (edited November 11, 1999).]