Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Links2.0 hosted on venturesonline.com

Quote Reply
Links2.0 hosted on venturesonline.com
This is my first post in these forums...

I installed links2.0 successfully on a host server previously. I changed host and now I can't seem to make it work... I keep on getting "Internal Server Error".

I Checked my paths, perl version (most recent)etc

I'm hosting on venturesonline.com (they've been great trying to solve the problem but no solution found)

Anybody hosting with venturesonline.com please help!

Thanks,

Sabatino
Quote Reply
Re: [sabatino] Links2.0 hosted on venturesonline.com In reply to
Were they great enough to check the first thing they should check? ...the error log.
Quote Reply
I'm also with VO, your getting this error is not host-related. As Paul said, check your error logs or test your scripts via Telnet.
Quote Reply
Re: [Tho.mas] Links2.0 hosted on venturesonline.com In reply to
Thanks for the replies...

O.K. one problem solved... the issue was with CuteFTP interacting with VO. For some reason, an .htaccess transfered from the other server was not visible in CUteFTP and contained an error, furthermore. Because of the error log and the VO control panel I realized there was an .htaccess file and deleted it.

Now I no longer get Server errors, but my admin link gives me a default picture icon... wassssup now???
Quote Reply
First, you can customize CuteFTP to show .something files such as .htaccess and so on. Secondly, you prolly do not use the full path to links.cfg in your admin.cgi file.
Quote Reply
Re: [Tho.mas] Links2.0 hosted on venturesonline.com In reply to
I don't know what happened, but everything works fine now! :-)

After I removed the .htaccess file using the VO control panel i wasn't getting errors anymore, but my link2.0's control panel wasn't showing up... until now!

Basically, the problem was (and still is) deleting files in my cgi bin with Cute FTP on VO... what happened was that i transfered the files over from another server, and then deleted the password files using CuteFTP. The files were no longer showing on my CuteFTP panel!!!! But the .htacess was still there! I don't know why but it was visible from the VO control panel which I used to delete it.

It could very well be a problem with my CuteFTP, but I'm managing websites on other servers and did not come across this problem.

Anyway, I would like to sincerely thank Tho.mas and Redrun for their help with this problem. THANKS
Quote Reply
You're welcome. Smile

Just enable the -a option in CuteFTP's filter settings, then you'll be able to view DOT files.