Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Link ID reset?

Quote Reply
Link ID reset?
I had about 4000+ sites submitted in my search engines and suddently the link ID got reset to 1
now when i go on "validate" to approve links, it shows me ID 47 for the new websites ( who are waiting for approval)

For example, when I click on "Validate"
the first site waiting for approval Jaqueline http://jaqueline.de This site has been given an ID of 47

However the ID 47 have already been in the links with the following information

ID: 47
Title: Jangda Dental Clinic
URL: http://jangdaclinic.cjb.net
Date: 8-Mar-2000
Category: Organization
Description: This Site Contains All Type Of Dental Information And Good Tips Contact Name: saad Contact Email: saad747@hotmail.com
Hits: 37
isNew: No
isPopular: No

How can I validate my waiting links (600 of them) and make sure thier link number starts after the last current one in my database?

Thanks

Quote Reply
Re: [bigtime] Link ID reset? In reply to
4000+ links is a lot for a flat file database! You should really consider getting Links SQL. This would eliminate these simple flat file flaud problems Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Link ID reset? In reply to
Thanks. Lets say I were to drop my links down to about 1000. How would I fix my problem?
Quote Reply
Re: [bigtime] Link ID reset? In reply to
Just make sure that the number in linksid.txt corresponds to the actual number of links in links.db. Btw, my database also comprises 4.000 links, so far I encountered no performance problems. Smile

Last edited by:

Tho.mas: Nov 15, 2001, 2:49 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Tho.mas] Link ID reset? In reply to
Yeah its weird. Some databases crap out early but I've seen some with 10,000+ links