Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Is it Possible?

Quote Reply
Is it Possible?
I'm just wondering if it is possible to set this up if you have no working knowledge of perl?

I've got enough knowledge of coding to get myself in trouble, but I keep hitting walls while trying to get this set up on Hypermart and I think it's due to me not knowing enough.

I'd really love to use Links to control a database of television links that is getting hard for me to manage by hand, and that I have many requests for additions to the list.

see link http://start.at/sitcom-corner this is what I would be moving over to hypermart as a directory instead of just a website. Links would also let me expand what I can offer to visitors.

I think it's the best on the market, I've been researching this for a few weeks now and I always come back to links.

Any help would be great...sorry for rambling.

-Heather
Quote Reply
Re: Is it Possible? In reply to
What kind of problems are you running into? And do you have anything we can look at to help diagnose the problem(s)?

--Mark

------------------
You can reach me by ICQ at UIN #8602162

Quote Reply
With a 403 error make sure:

1. You've set the script permissions properly. Make sure all .cgi files have 755 permissions (or rwxr-xr-x).

2. You are allowed to run scripts in that directory.

Hope this helps,

Alex
Quote Reply
Mark,

Right now the biggest problem I'm running into are 403 errors. I believe I have most things set up correctly (wishful thinking)

I've had them reset my chmods at hypermart to illeviate the 403 errors and it's not doing any good.

Here's where I have Links set up:

tvcorner.hypermart.net/cgi-bin/links/

and my admin is: http://tvcorner.hypermart.net/cgi-bin/links/admin/

This is a puzzle for me...so please go easy on this cgi newbie. I've been trying to work this out through my limited knowledge of cgi but it's at the point where I have to give up or ask for help...so I'm asking Smile

-Heather

[This message has been edited by Heather (edited November 30, 1998).]

Quote Reply
I had Hypermart reset permissions to 755 on everything. Still no go.

I think I'm going to give up on this, unless I can find some kind soul willing to go in and get it working for me :-) I am just completely baffled.

-Heather
Quote Reply
Heather:

Here is another Hypermart site that is using Links: http://cgi-store.hypermart.net/

Maybe you can figure it out from here, or maybe you can ask how this site set it up.
Quote Reply
Thanks kteicher,

I was lucky enough to find my very own guardian angel here, who graciously gave of his time to help me get set up. Smile

Such kind people here on this board.

Thanks to everyone that tried to help Smile

-Heather
Quote Reply
Heather-

I am nowhere near an angel Wink but I would be willing to help a fellow Hypermarter (Hypermartyr) out. If you can hit walls with Links on Hypermart, I've hit them. I know how you feel. It does, however, feel good when you finally get what you want.

------------------
Kevin D
greeknet.hypermart.net
webmaster@greeknet.hypermart.net

Quote Reply
Thanks Kevin,

I'll remember that Smile

-Heather
Quote Reply
I am trying to get this working on hypermart and I get the same error you got. Maybe if you can figure it out, do you think you could tell me what do on hypermart? Thanks

Logan Thompson