Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Internal Server Error

Quote Reply
Internal Server Error
I am getting an Internal Server Error when trying to run the admin.cgi. I have tried everything, chmod 755, adjusted the links.cfg file (correctly, i hope), ebtered my email right. Anyone have any suggestions??? Thanks

here's the URL: http://virtualmd.virtualave.net/Links/admin/
Quote Reply
Re: Internal Server Error In reply to
From what I saw on your site, you need to go through all of your files and set the full server path to your links.cfg file. This path needs to be the server path, not the URL. It should look something like: /home/www/username/Links/admin/links.cfg
Quote Reply
What files do i need to go through and change it in, just the links.cfg? Thanks
Quote Reply
It also says the following when i try to access add, view, delete, etc:

Error including libraries: Can't locate /Links/admin/links.def in @INC (@INC contains: /u/virtualmd/Links/admin /usr/local/lib/perl5/i386-freebsd/5.00404 /usr/local/lib/perl5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /u/virtualmd/Links/admin/links.cfg line 138.
Quote Reply
You'll find a line that says:
require "links.cfg"; # Change this to full path to links.cfg if you have problems.

I think that this is a complete list of files, but I may have missed one:
jump.cgi
add.cgi
search.cgi
modify.cgi
nph-build.cgi
admin.cgi

If you are using MegaLinks or any other special mods, you'll have additional files that will need the path to links.cfg set.
Quote Reply
I have internal server errors on every file but I have already made all of the changes to the path of links.cfg

What could be wrong?
Quote Reply
Make sure all the cgi files are pointing the right path to perl.

Tim Mousel
http://cgi.defend.net
Quote Reply
Did ya upload them in ACSII mode? Uploading a script in banairy mode will kill a script in an instant, All the admin.cgi file is, is just to tell the server where and what to get from admin_html.pl(I think that's the file) its most likly not that file, especially if you are getting this error on all of the scripts, make sure you upload in ACSII mode, if you edited any of the scripts make sure
print qq|
bla..bla bla..
|; is like that, also the varibales($somthing)looks like this
$somthing = "whaterver";
and sure subs look like this
sub somthing (
whatever is is doning goes here
}
Most of the time you get error 500 it is becase you uploaded in binary mode, or you have a smtaxt error, log into Telnet and do the following
cd into your links dir
for each script type
perl -ls script_name.cgi or
perl -w script_name.cgi I'm not sure what that -... does but it will say any errors on the scripts, go to that line and fix it, that should get it running
Thanks
Joey