Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

I get my "admin page" but when I use the menu in left frame I have an error like it .

Quote Reply
I get my "admin page" but when I use the menu in left frame I have an error like it .
CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : error in get_defaults. unable to open id file: /cgi-local/links/admin/data/categoryid.txt.
Reason: No such file or directory
Script Location : admin.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00404

------------------
serge@bat-immo.fr
Quote Reply
Re: I get my "admin page" but when I use the menu in left frame I have an error like it . In reply to
Make sure that your categoryid.txt file and ALL files in the /data/ directory are set to 666 (rw-rw-rw-).

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center

Quote Reply
Re: I get my "admin page" but when I use the menu in left frame I have an error like it . In reply to
Please do not post duplicate Threads.

Thank you.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center

Quote Reply
Thanks you for you answer. But I have still the same problem! In the data directory I have set these permisions.

total 14
drwxrw-rw- 4 batimm web 512 Feb 19 11:34 .
drwxrwxr-x 7 batimm web 512 Feb 19 11:37 ..
-rw-rw-rw- 1 batimm web 0 Feb 20 11:54 categories.db
-rw-rw-rw- 1 batimm web 1 Feb 20 11:54 categoryid.txt
-rw-rw-rw- 1 batimm web 0 Feb 20 11:54 email.db
drwxrwxrwx 2 batimm web 512 Feb 19 11:33 hits
-rw-rw-rw- 1 batimm web 8 Feb 20 18:31 links.db
-rw-rw-rw- 1 batimm web 1 Feb 20 11:54 linksid.txt
-rw-rw-rw- 1 batimm web 0 Feb 20 11:54 modified.db
drwxrwxrwx 2 batimm web 512 Feb 19 11:33 rates
-rw-rw-rw- 1 batimm web 0 Feb 20 11:54 url.db
-rw-rw-rw- 1 batimm web 0 Feb 20 11:54 validate.db

You can see that the directories of "HITS" and "RATING" are in CHMOD 777 but all files in the data directory are CHMOD 666. So I don't think that my error occure from a set permission...
What do you think about it.
Regard,
SERGE

------------------
serge@bat-immo.fr
Quote Reply
And your /data/ directory is set to 777?

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center

Quote Reply
My /data/ directory is on 777. But nothing changed...

You can see my admin page on :
I'm very interesting to find a solution...

Regards,

------------------
[email]serge@bat-immo.fr[/email]
Quote Reply
Try adding 0 in your linksid.txt file, and see what happens.

Just put 0 in the first line of the linksid.txt file and save it, then upload the file to your server in the /data/ directory.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center

Quote Reply
I made what you told me... I have edited my "linksid.txt" and I have change the only character of this file : I changed 2 in 0 like you asked to me. I have uploaded this file in the data directory and so I set permission of this to 666. But it's the same !
What can i do?
Regards,

------------------
serge@bat-immo.fr
Quote Reply
Please!!!!! Nobody is able to help me? I get my "admin page" but it's no possible to add a category, or anything else ! I have everytime the same error!
I need somebody to give me advice !
Regards,

------------------
serge@bat-immo.fr