Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Home Page link takes me to Parent Directory

Quote Reply
Home Page link takes me to Parent Directory
Ok, I made a directory structure within my htdocs directory like this....

links/pages
I stored the links.css and background.gif inside the pages folder.

Within links.cfg it askes for the path and URL for pages to be built. So this is what I put there....
$build_root_path = "/usr/home/teeniebeanies/htdocs/links/pages";
$build_root_url = "http://www.teeniebeanies.net/links/pages";

Do you see anything wrong?

topdog007
Quote Reply
Re: Home Page link takes me to Parent Directory In reply to
I did create two categories and built them. Everything seemed to go as planed. Afterwards, I clicked on the home button at the top of the Admin panel to see the Links Page and thats when I received a "parent directory". That is the button to view the Links page isn't it? Maybe I'm blind but I didn't see any documentation about how to view the links page.
Just as a note, If I can get this program to work like the demo, I'll be more than happy to send a donation.
MJ
Alias: topdog007
Quote Reply
Ok, I got everything to work, thanks for all your help. I'm going to be starting college in about another 4 weeks for networking and programing, when I finish, I would like to be of some help to this forum. Would that be possible?
MJ
Alias: topdog007
Quote Reply
You're always welcome, but if you are refering
Quote:
I would like to be of some help to this forum
as in being a moderator; I don't think so Smile . If you just wanna help others, don't ask... just reply.
Quote Reply
No, but have you built them in order to start it for the first time? From the admin panel, have you?