Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Help with error message please

Quote Reply
Help with error message please
Hello,

I would appreciate any help I could get with this problem.

I have uploaded the files, chmod, and edited the links.cfg file. At first attempt to access the admin program I received this error message:

~~~~~~~~~~
Error including libraries: Can't locate /fibro/links/cgi-bin/admin/db.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at admin.cgi line 28.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Unfortunately am a newbie to perl and have no clue what is wrong. The site location if needed is http://www.FibroTalk.org .

Thanks,

Kealalaina
Quote Reply
Re: [Kealalaina] Help with error message please In reply to
Quote:
/fibro/links/cgi-bin/admin/db.pl

are you sure that is the complete path to the file? Unix hosting accounts usually start with "/home".

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] Help with error message please In reply to
Andrew,

Actually...the problem is now fixed. In typing to you, I realized that on my server it is actually:

/fibro/cgi-bin/links/admin/db.pl

Now, it seems to be working. Just have to figure out how to password protect, as I don't know how to do that....will be researching that now.

Thanks again!

Kealalaina
Quote Reply
Re: [Kealalaina] Help with error message please In reply to
Please find my Ace Password script attached. That should make it nice and easy to password protect your admin panel :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Last edited by:

Andy: Aug 22, 2003, 1:35 AM