Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Help me please....

Quote Reply
Help me please....
Hi. I am using a linux server with Apache and keep running into problems. I have done over 50 install before, but this one is being a right pain :) I keep getting the 'Error: Unable to include Libraries' error, even though the folders have been CHMODed to the correct values, and also the files also. Does anyone have an idea what is going on?

Yours

A.J.Newby
webmaster@ace-installer.com
http://www.ace-installer.com

Quote Reply
Re: Help me please.... In reply to
Could you give me the exact error

Thanks

Paul Wilson.
(Dont blame me if I'm wrong!)
Quote Reply
The error is;

Error including libraries: (Maybe you didn't strip carriage returns after a network transfer?)

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

Thanks

Andy

Quote Reply
The following error:

Code:

Error including libraries: (Maybe you didn't strip carriage returns after a network transfer

Means that one or more of your files were uploaded in binary mode NOT ASCII Mode.

Make sure that you have set the following file extensions to transfer in ASCII Mode via your FTP program:

.cfg
.cgi
.db
.def
.pl
.pm

Most likely one or more of these file extensions is not set to ASCII, but binary transfer.

Also, if you are NOT using a robust text editor, like TextPad, WordPad, etc., then that could also be your problem. NotePad and WYSIWYG editors are notorious for putting carriage returns in cgi scripts and module files.

Good luck!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
That error is caused by uploading or editing files in binary mode.

You need to make sure you use ASCII.

Dont use "Auto" mode on your FTP client as this is not totally reliable...!

Paul Wilson.
(Dont blame me if I'm wrong!)