Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Help With Page Building Please

Quote Reply
Help With Page Building Please
Hi I Just installed the script everything works but I want to know what to put in my pages folder?? (where the pages are made) I made it a folder called links & I put a new,rate,cool folders in this and thats it, is this correct? do I put the contents of the ""templates"" in here to? Do I put the contents of ""pages'' Here Too (link.css +bag.gif)? Also I Had An Error when trying to build pages in the admin it says, '''cannot find home.html in /home/monster/cgi-bin/admin/templates/home.html in home/monster/cgi-bin/admin/template.pm line 41'''' CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME??? Thankyou!!
Quote Reply
Re: [cybapymp] Help With Page Building Please In reply to
Sorry The exact error message is:

Backing up database . . .
Backing up links, category and email database (File::Copy) ...
Done.

Building URL Index . . .
Done.

Updating New and Popular Records . . .
What's New Cutoff: 14 days
Popular Cutoff: 2 hits
Updating record: 3, marking as new.
Done.

Updating ratings ..
Done.

Loading Category Information . . .
Done.

Gathering Category and Link information . . .
Done

Building Home Pages . . .
Subcategories: 1
Total Links: 1
Opening page: /home/monster/web/links/index.html
CGI ERROR==========================================Error Message : fatal error: Template: Can't find template: /home/monster/web/cgi-bin/links/admin/templates/home.html at /home/monster/web/cgi-bin/links/admin/Template.pm line 41.Script Location : nph-build.cgiPerl Version : 5.00503Form Variables-------------------------------------------Environment Variables-------------------------------------------DOCUMENT_ROOT : /home/monster/webGATEWAY_INTERFACE : CGI/1.1HTTP_ACCEPT : image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword, */*HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: en-auHTTP_CACHE_CONTROL : max-stale=0HTTP_HOST : www.fuck-monster.comHTTP_REFERER : http://www.fuck-monster.com/cgi-bin/links/admin/admin.cgi?display=navigationHTTP_USER_AGENT : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; iP-BLD03-PRE)HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR: 210.50.64.118PATH : /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/binQUERY_STRING : REMOTE_ADDR : 210.50.30.4REMOTE_PORT : 4269REQUEST_METHOD : GETREQUEST_URI : /cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-build.cgiSCRIPT_FILENAME : /home/monster/web/cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-build.cgiSCRIPT_NAME : /cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-build.cgiSERVER_ADDR : 209.215.97.106SERVER_ADMIN : support@simplecom.netSERVER_NAME : www.fuck-monster.comSERVER_PORT : 80SERVER_PROTOCOL : HTTP/1.0SERVER_SOFTWARE : Apache/1.3.19 (Unix)
Quote Reply
Do you havew home.html present in the admin/templates folder?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Help With Page Building Please In reply to
Yes Its In There, I've Been On This For 7 Hours ,I Cant Work It Out, What Is The CHMOD For The Template Directory?

Thanks Heaps
Quote Reply
I Just Tried To Do The Other STAGGERED(AUTO) And It Worked, It Added My Categorys And The New Links I Added, Then I Went To The Actual Links Page:

http://www.****-monster.com/links

And It All Worked, But Its Peeing Me Off About The BUILD(ALL) Any Ideas About The Stuff Up? Bugs? If I Keep Usin The STAGGERED(AUTO) Is This The Same Ass BUILD ALL? Whats The Diff?

Thanks In Advance

--
Removed swear word

Last edited by:

Paul: Oct 2, 2002, 9:01 AM
Quote Reply
Have you made any mods to nph-build.cgi?

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [No Mods Done In reply to
No I Have Not Made Any Mods At All, Should I?? What Do You Think The Prob Is??

Thanks Heaps