Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Getting Error 403 when I'm trying to run the script, I just installed it. Pls. help.

Quote Reply
Getting Error 403 when I'm trying to run the script, I just installed it. Pls. help.
I just installed the script and I'm getting a 403 error, can someone pls. help me? pls. icq me at 70290188
or email me at ryan_zone@hotmail.com if you can help.

Thankx!.Unsure
Quote Reply
Re: [djkjpro] Getting Error 403 when I'm trying to run the script, I just installed it. Pls. help. In reply to
A 403 error for what? admin.cgi? Make sure that your directory is set to 755 or higher, and that admin.cgi and all other .cgi files are set to 755.

Hope that helps

Andy

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Getting Error 403 when I'm trying to run the script, I just installed it. Pls. help. In reply to
Hi I got it working now thankx, the only problem is i dont know how to make the directory protected with a password, it doesn't say how to do it all it says:
5. ** Password protect your admin directory. Never leave your admin directory unprotected in a public site, your whole directory could be erased!!

Quote Reply
Re: [djkjpro] Getting Error 403 when I'm trying to run the script, I just installed it. Pls. help. In reply to
You need to use .htaccess protection. Search the forums for this and you are sure to find loads of answers Smile

Andy

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!