Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Errors after move

Quote Reply
Errors after move
Hello all:

I had to move my installation to a new server and am unable to build or verify from the admin panel now. I CAN build, et. al. from the command line via SSH but get error 500's when using the browser based admin panel. Permissions seem to be correct, so I am stumped.

Any ideas why?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [tmmths] Errors after move In reply to
check your links.cfg file, most likely you neglected to change the paths in that file.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] Errors after move In reply to
Well...

The links.cfg seems to be correct as i am able to everything except build the pages and verify from the admin pages.

I can add links, cats, edit templates, etc. Just not able to build or verify. When I run an output checker and syntax checker everything seems to be okay, just get an error 500 when building and verifying. I did have to change all .cgi extentions to .pl on and in all of the scripts to run on the server, but there does not seem to be any errors there either, but I'll check again.

Stumped Mad
Quote Reply
Re: [tmmths] Errors after move In reply to
What do your error logs say? Otherwise, try adding this near the top of the .cgi scripts giving an error. It needs to go near the other 'use' statements;

Code:
use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);

That should give a bit more debug information, as to what the problem is :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!