Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Error including libraries

Quote Reply
Error including libraries
Hi,

My error appears to be the same as many other peoples, namely: Error including libraries: Can't locate http://wotmud.org/cgi-bin/links/admin/links.cfg in @INC (@INC contains: /home/wot/cgi-bin/links/admin /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /home/wot/cgi-bin/links/admin/admin.cgi line 27.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

I've read other threads on this topic, and have tried all the offered solutions, but it's still not happening. I /suspect/ that my fault must be one of incorrect paths in the links.config file (I set the absolute path in admin.cgi as suggested to require "http://wotmud.org/cgi-bin/links/admin/links.cfg" Wink.

My request is this, given that I've got full access to the box by ssh/telnet, is there a command that I could use to work out what the full paths are meant to be? ie, for people like me who are primarily html people and not perl guru's, can you give me some 'noddy (ie foolproof)' things to type, or even refer me to a place that has a list of those?

Thanks anyway, the links directory looks marvellous and I just can't wait to get it working =)
Quote Reply
Re: Error including libraries In reply to
Uh...The problem is that you are using the Virtual Path with HTTP in your require line for the links.cfg file in the admin.cgi file. It should be the ABSOLUTE PATH, like the following:

Code:
require "/home/wot/cgi-bin/links/admin/links.cfg";

Also, it is best to use a text editor rather than editing files via vi, unless you have amble UNIX programming experience, which by your question shows that you do not.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
Thanks, my idiocy is manifest. fyi, I wasn't actually using vi but rather textpad and ftp'ing it, the reason for alluding to ssh/telnet access was to be able to discover the directory structure. Ie if I'm in the directory, what's the command to see the db_script_path from there.
Quote Reply
To see the directory path, use the following codes:

Code:
pwd

stands for Present Working Directory.

Get an UNIX manual.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
----------------------

Quote Reply
Thanks. And yes, am planning to... The O'Reilly books are generally considered the best?
Quote Reply
Typically yes...at least for most programming languages like C++, CGI, Perl, etc.

I have not checked out their UNIX books. But I would recommend searching Amazon.com and read reviews of other UNIX books.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------