Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Error including libraries

Quote Reply
Error including libraries
Allright. Everything is installed. All the permissions are correct. All the files are there. All the paths are correct.
The only thing different is that my cgi directory is not cgi-bin but cgi-local.
Here is the message I get when I try to run the admin.cgi:

"Error including libraries: Can't locate /cgi-local/links/admin/db.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00502/i686-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00502 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i686-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at admin.cgi line 27.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly."

Does anyone have any idea?

All help is appreciated.

J.C. Meijers
Quote Reply
Re: Error including libraries In reply to
Howdy,
Can't find your perl/interpreture or perl files...are you running #!/usr/local/bin/perl??? If not you have to find out where perl is installed, and change the first line of all the script that has this in it.

Good luck

------------------
Cordially,
mkw@webchair.com
Quote Reply
Thanks for your reply!
I am running #!/usr/local/bin/perl, but just to make sure I checked all the corresponding files. Same result.
I removed everything and did it all over again from scratch. Same result.

I have no more ideas.
Quote Reply
Make sure that the PATHS to your required files in the admin.cgi are set correctly. Remember that you may have to use the complete ABSOLUTE path for the links.cfg file, like the following:

Code:
require "/machine/account/cgi-local/links/links.cfg";

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Well, that's something that has already been taken into account. The full name is specified, I checked with the IPP to verify the address and he has confirmed that it is correct.
I checked if he has the correct libraries installed himself, perhaps he had several versions of Perl installed at various location (I've encountered this before) but even that checks out as it should.