Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Error including libraries

Quote Reply
Error including libraries
Greetings. I have just installed Links2 quite successfully but was having a terrible time with all the html templates. I then notice in links.cfg that you can change them ALL at once via site_html.pl. So I did. Uploaded the links.cfg and site_html.pl. Problem is, on attempting to build I am receiving the following error:

Quote:

Error including libraries: Can't find string terminator "~" anywhere before EOF at /home/hour/13th-hour-www/cgi-bin/links/admin/site_html.pl line 66.
Compilation failed in require at nph-build.cgi line 33.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.
I have posted a temporary exact copy of site_html.pl at http://13th-hour.net/tmp/site_html.pl (temporary because my /admin is password protected). If anyone can see what the problem is I would appreciate it greatly.

many thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [13thhour] Error including libraries In reply to
Hi,

Attached is the correct one. Hope this helps

Cheers,

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Actually templates are a lot easier to edit since you only have to concentrate on HTML and TAGS used in the LINKS 2.0 system. If you edit site_html.pl, then you should have a basic understanding of Perl coding, like using string terminators....

Look at lines before 30 and after it...make sure you ahve ~; as the string terminator after your set of HTML codes.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] Error including libraries In reply to
Hey that works! The only difference I could see offhand was the slash before the @ in the email address - is that right?

many thanks!

-Kristen.
Quote Reply
Yup, @'s have to be escaped by \, i,.e \@.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!