Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Customizing The Look

Quote Reply
Customizing The Look
I figured out why the add & modify sites links were not working. Had a path wrong. Next question. I read that if you remove the style sheet tag from all the templates, you can edit them as regular HTML. If I do this, & then upload them to my server via FTP, will the changes I make be retained and carried over to new pages? I want to add a background images, center some things, and such. I also want to add banners too. Thanks.

Quote Reply
Re: Customizing The Look In reply to
Yes...if you edit the template files either offline or online...the changes will be "retrained". You will also need to edit the CSS class codes in the sub site_html_print_cat routine...although I would recommend using a CSS file since CSS codes are easy to modify and also it has been found that many CSS codes make pages easier to interpret by Screen Readers for visually impaired users...

Learn some HTML and you will be able to customize the templates quite easily.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
May I ask another question? I have looked back through the forum and the message boards. So far, I do not see anything that explains what the header and footer fields are for when you add/view/modify categories and/or links. What are they for?

Quote Reply
Uh...I guess you have not searched ALL the LINKS 2.0 FORUMS!

Look in the Links 2.0 Discussion Forum...I JUST responded to this question yesterday!

And please read the Announcement posted in the Announcement forum about using the forum...as a new user, you need to search the forums more thoroughly before posting questions...because all your questions have been answered before!

Regards,

Eliot Lee