Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Cobalt and 2.0 Build

Quote Reply
Cobalt and 2.0 Build
Hello all,

Working on a COBALT RAQ and having a BUILD problem.

All scripts seem to be fine and owrking except the build, get a 500 error from the onset, no nice reason to go with it.

Now during he BETA stages I had a problem with the builds on the RAQ but it would give an error BUT the pages would be built.

Now the build script is just dying from the beggining.

I know my T's and I's. I pretty much can install the script with my eyes closed, so it's not the usual problems most run accross, so I am looking for someone who might know why and has run accross this on a RAQ.

Thanks

------------------
MRaburn
Raburn Network Solutions
www.raburn.net

[This message has been edited by MRaburn (edited February 27, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Cobalt and 2.0 Build In reply to
An unexplained 500 error can be caused by a few things:

1. A file uploaded as binary that should have been ASCII.

2. A typo such as a ( where a { was supposed to be.

3. Top line of the script pointing to the wrong version of perl, or to no perl at all.

In short, double-check everything!
Quote Reply
Bobsie,

Thanks for the input but like I said this is a issue with the RAQ and the way the script is written.

I've installed links more times that I can count.

There's a conflict out there and I hope somebody has spotted it and maybe rectified it as well.

Thanks
Mike
Quote Reply
Bobsie,

You do not want to know. Wink

www.cobaltnet.com

ugh!!

Mike

[This message has been edited by MRaburn (edited March 01, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Check the server error logs to see what the error message is? Can you telnet in? Try running the script from telnet and see what it says.

Hope that helps,

Alex
Quote Reply
It's beyond me. I have no idea what a COBALT RAQ is.
Quote Reply
Thanks for your replies,

It looks like it's the CGI Wrapper issue we hope. We are going to be deactivating it shortly. Wink

Mike
Quote Reply
I have a Cobalt RAQ and with an INTENSIVE USE probably for the new position on search engines (to many people start searching data from my site) the Hard Disk has started losing data... only one thing: if you are on SimpleNet pray that you are looky and you don't have my problem because after 2 week the support service of SimpleNet does not have understood how to restore my system.