Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Category Problem

Quote Reply
Category Problem
Howdy,

Totally new to this script, and CGi in general really. Problem is, I have followed all the instructions, and got the script up. I go to my admin dir, and it loads the admin interface, Under the 'Links' section, when I click 'Add' it loads the add new link page, but I can't add a link because there isn't a category to choose, to put it under. So I go to 'Add' under 'Categories', and theres the problem. It seems to be loading the exact same page as when I click 'Add' under Links. Because of this, obviously I can't add a Category, does ANYONE know what might be causing this? I've been through all the files, and I can't see anything out of place. I would really appreciate any help.

Regards,

Spock

Quote Reply
Re: Category Problem In reply to
You first need to add CATEGORIES before LINKS! Delete all links you have in the links.db file, then start over...

In Reply To:
6. Give it a test! Go to: http://yourserver.com/cgi-bin/links/admin/admin.cgi or wherever
you setup admin.cgi, and you should see the admin screen. Try (in this order):

1. Add a category.
2. Add a link in that category.
3. Build pages.
4. Search for the one link, using the new pages created.
5. Add a link from the new pages created.
6. Validate a link from admin.
Taken from the README file!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Hey Eliot Lee,

Cheers for the reply, thing is, I couldn't add any categories. I followed the instructions when I reached the admin screen first, by trying to add a category, but it wouldn't let me BECAUSE it is bringing up the exact same page as I get if I click 'Add' under 'Links'.

Any other ideas?

Regards,

Spock

Quote Reply
Re-upload your admin_html.pl and admin.cgi files...Then try again.

Regards,

Eliot Lee