Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Categories
I have installed the script and all is fine, however can someone please answer this question for me.

I can create categories and sub-categories fine but I just wanted to Know what the actual fields mean as I cannot find any topics on this.

I Know what descriptions, Meta Tags and the like are but I just want to Know if the fields in the add a new category will actually place the Meta Tags on a template or web page that is created from the newly added category?

Hope someone can help

Danny

Quote Reply
Re: Categories In reply to
The META fields will be printed in your Category pages. Look at the following codes in the category.html file:

Code:

<%if meta_name%>
<meta name="description" content="<%meta_name%>">
<%endif%>
<%if meta_keywords%>
<meta name="keywords" content="<%meta_keywords%>">
<%endif%>

Translation...If there are META tags defined in the categories.db file, then print them, if there are not META tags defined in the categories.db file, then don't print any META tags.

The Header and Footer fields are used to print special headers (top section of the file) and footers (bottom section of the file) in your Category pages.

The Related field is used to link RELATED categories in Category pages. Like let's say that you have a category called Computers: Hardware: Macintosh...you could add a Related category called Computers: Software: Macintosh.

The Description field allows you to print special information about the Category in the category pages.

The ID field is the special database key field to keep categories unique in your categories.db.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Eliot